APPROACHES TO LANGUAGE TEACHING
Approaches to language teaching
Anno accademico 2021/2022
- Codice dell'attività didattica
- Elisa Corino (Titolare del corso)
Maria Noelia Ruiz Madrid (Titolare del corso)
- Corso di studi
- LINGUE E LETTERATURE MODERNE (Magistrale)
- 2° anno
- Periodo didattico
- Secondo semestre
- SSD dell'attività didattica
- L-LIN/02 - didattica delle lingue moderne
- Modalità di erogazione
- Lingua di insegnamento
- Modalità di frequenza
- Tipologia d'esame
- Critical analysis of the main teaching methodologies developed in the language teaching research, also in reference to the specific role of the teacher, to the conceptual, epistemological and didactic nodes of language teaching and learning.
- Design and development of language teaching activities: illustration of the principles and methodologies for the construction of activities and more generally a language teaching curriculum.
- The use of ICT in language teaching and learning.
Risultati dell'apprendimento attesi
At the end of the course students will be able to deal with methodologies and techniques for teaching languages.
a) Knowledge and understanding: students must know the main teaching methodologies developed in the language teaching research, with reference to the specific role of the teacher, to the concepts, epistemology, and theory of language teaching and learning.
b) Ability to apply knowledge and understanding: students must be able to design and develop teaching activities using the principles and methodologies typical of language teaching, also taking into account the needs of language enhancement and consolidation.
c) Making judgments: students must be able to identify and classify errors of interference, of analogy, of overextension.
d) Communication skills: students must be able to discuss syllabuses, to clearly and effectively explain the main rules that govern the language, and the characteristics of mistakes made by learners
e) Learning skills: students must be able to orient themselves in the bibliography and to deepen theoretical and practical elements
Modalità di insegnamento
Lectures with power point support, video, websites surfing, use of corpora, seminaries with experts, series of practical lessons aimed at creating a language lesson. Course materials will be available on the Moodle page of the course
Modalità di verifica dell'apprendimento
Since a visiting professor will be in charge of part of the course, he/she will assign a small didactic project that will be evaluated; the contents of the assigned book will be tested orally
Methodologies in Language Teaching
use of ICT
Data Driven Learning
Task Based Learning
Testi consigliati e bibliografia
- Approaches and methods in language teaching
- Anno pubblicazione:
- Cambridge University Press
- Richards J.
Richards J. C., Rodgers T. S. (2019), Approaches and methods in language teaching, Cambridge University Press.
A further selection of articles and materials will be assigned at the beginnign of the course